This Privacy Notice will help you understand how we collect, use and protect your personal information. If you have any queries about this Privacy Notice or how we process your personal information, please contact the Data Protection Officer by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at Stokoe Partnership Solicitors, 646-648 High Road, Leytonstone, London E11 3AA.
Stokoe Partnership solicitors is a registered ‘data controller’ and processes your data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (also known as GDPR). Our registration number with the Information Commissioner’s Office is Z1150102.
The information we collect about you:
The personal data you provide, we have collected from you, or we have received from third parties can include:
- telephone numbers
- email address
- employer history
- photographic ID, (driving licence or passport for the purposes of carrying out anti-fraud and anti-money laundering checks and verifying your identity);
- details of what we have been instructed to carry out for you
- information received within papers relating to existing and previous legal proceedings;
- financial information
Who we share your data with
Where relevant, we may also share your information with the following categories of third parties:
- third party service providers who we instruct for the purposes of handling cases, including solicitors, experts, insurers, medical agencies;
- third party service providers who support the operation of our business, such as IT and suppliers, financial service providers, and debt collection agencies (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary in accordance with our legitimate interests);
- fraud prevention agencies and associations, (as is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations);
- regulators and law enforcement agencies, including the police, the Financial Conduct Authority, HM
Revenue and Customs or any other relevant authority who may have jurisdiction (as is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations and/or as is necessary in accordance with our legitimate interests).
How long will we hold your data?
We will only hold your information for as long as necessary to provide you with legal services and then for only so long as we are required either contractually or under our regulatory obligations. This will not likely be more than six years after the end of your case / matter. After this time, we will confidentially destroy all information that we hold about you other than your name, address and date of birth which we will be obliged to continue to hold for the purposes of ensuring that we never act for another client where doing so would conflict with our obligations of confidentiality to you.
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer via email: email@example.com or by post to Stokoe Partnership Solicitors, 646-648 high Road, Leytonstone, London E11 3AA who will look into your complaint. If you remain dissatisfied, you are entitled to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Officer.
You can find out more about your rights under data protection legislation from the Information Commissioner’s Office website: www.ico.org.uk.